The Plans for the Week: We did about half! That tells me it was a little too ambitious. I'll consider that tomorrow when I come up with the next weekly plan. My husband went out of town this week, so we were on our own for 3 full days. Add to that a skin infection that knocked off our plans for 2 days, and we didn't get through all the things I wanted to.
And that's okay!
Here are some of the things we did this week, with links to the corresponding blog posts:
- Worked on the USA map puzzle
- Practiced lowercase cursive (via a matching game... see below!)
- Watched the lunar eclipse on the computer and went outside to find the moon (too much cloud coverage)
- Leaf matching activity
- Practiced pouring water and scooping Cheerios
- Color matching with beads
- Tried matching the numbers 1-5 with quantities 1-5 << This one was not successful this week! As you can see below, I put 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 objects in 5 different bags. I wanted Alexander to identify how much objects were in each bag and then put the correct number next to the bag. Well, that didn't work at all. So I tried asking him, "How many spoons (or trains or whatever) are in this bag?" And he just wanted to open the bags and take out the objects. I think the problem is that there were too many components/goals at once. I should try scaling back and work toward this activity in the future!
- Worked on animal flash cards. I added more animals since the last time we played, so he enjoyed that.
WEDNESDAY - FRIDAY:
We did the best we could! We read and did a lot of puzzles. We went to the grocery store and did more cooking than usual. But I was tired, he was sick, and that's when daddy was gone.
- New activity: Twisting Practice!
As you can see, we did a few things that were on the plan and a few things that were not. Ultimately, I need to leave a little more wiggle room in my weekly plan. But I refuse to be goal-less! We'll have plans each week that span different learning categories. And we'll do what we can, with room for extra unplanned activities!